Wednesday 15 November 2023

Cool Christmas card

 

Hi There! Thought I would show you how I made this simple Christmas card this week. 

I began by blending Salty Ocean and Dusty Concord distress ink in the inkable. Then I splattered it with water and blotted it to get the snowy effect.
I used the small snowflake stamps from winter journaling girls and small words- winter around the frame using memento inks. 
I inked up the doodle art Christmas tree using the memento inks with purple at the top, blue in the middle and teal at the bottom. 
I used the same inks to watercolour some of the pattern and fussy cut around it. 
I matted and layered the panel to a 7x7 card and used sticky pads to attach the tree to the bottom left corner.
Finally I added a sentiment to the bottom right, also on sticky pads. 

I used:
Distress inks in Salty Ocean and Dusty Concord
Memento ink in Grape Jelly, Danube blue and Teal Zeal
White card
7x7" card blank

Thanks for looking! 

6 comments:

Pat said...

That's so pretty Sally, and I love the purple and blue sky and the water spattered for falling snow, and the silhouette shapes of the background trees look great and make a great background to the doodle art christmas tree, and finished beautifully with the added snowflakes and sentiment..a gorgeous card. x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Sally, I love your beautiful blue card. Love that stencil and the quirky tree, Kate x

Viv said...

Lovely colours Sal - and a great stencil too. Fab card.

Jules said...

Hi Sally

What a great finished card .. .. when I first looked I thought you had used a die for the background .. .. but no .. .. just fabulous stencil work!
Love it!
Great colour choices too.
Hope all is good at your end.

Love Jules xx

Anke said...

WOW Sally your blue card is so beautiful, I love your design,.

Hugs
Anke

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fussy cutting? You have my admiration, for such a wonderful cut. A gorgeous card from all the layers. Love it Sally.
Faiht x