Wednesday 22 November 2023

Tangled Tinsel journal page

 

Hi There! Are you feeling a bit frazzled at the mention of Christmas? Me too! This journal page is a reminder to me to not get my tinsel in a tangle with the preparations! Here is how it came together.

I began by painting a section of the page with black gesso.
Once this was dry, I used stickles gel through the star Dinkable from set 1 to add to the background. 
On a scrap of white card, I painted lines of the Dina Wakeley gloss drops in blended stripes.
When this was dry, I stamped and clear embossed the Christmas tree on to it, cutting it out carefully.
I attached it to the page using matte medium.
Using a scrap of the painted card, I stamped the tinsel mixed message, then stamped It's Christmas onto a piece of white card. I trimmed both carefully with scissors and added to the page.
Finally, I added some more stickles along some of the tree sections and onto the star. 
Here is the finished page once more. 

I used

Thanks for looking and I hope you manage to keep your tinsel untangled in the run up to the festive season! 

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is marvellous Sally, I love the bright coloured tree on the black "night sky".
Faith x

Pat said...

This is a beautiful journal page Sally, and love the pretty rainbow of colours on the card used to stamp the tree and similar for the sentiment strip, and they both look great. x