Wednesday 6 December 2023

A tag for a cookie jar

 


Hi There! I am making a few tags to add to my jars of cookies that I will be making nearer Christmas, so thought I would do a step by step 

I began by blending distress oxide ink in Lumberjack Plaid and Wild Honey on to a large tag.
Next I also blended a little Rustic Wilderness and also added a little water and splattered it on to the tag before setting aside to dry.
On a piece of dark green card, I stamped and heat embossed the Doodle Art Christmas tree before cutting it out.
Using white ink and a tag inkable I added some stencilling. 

I also stamped a few patches of script  using Rustic Wilderness ink. 
On a separate piece of card I stamped the sentiment and embossed in gold before matting and layering onto a scrap of the dark green card.

Finally I added the tree and the sentiment to the background along with a ribbon.
I used:
a Size 10 tag
Distress oxide inks in Lumberjack Plaid. Wild Honey and Rustic Wilderness
White ink
Versamark embossing ink 

Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Pat said...

So sorry I originally missed this one Sally, as it is so bright and pretty, and love the way you have placed the red up the middle of the tag which makes the green and gold tree really stand out, and the bits of green over the top together with the white inked stencilling really finishes the background beautifully. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is fabulous Sally, I love the colour mix and the stamping layers.
Faith x