Wednesday 13 December 2023

Snow Globe Sunrise

 

Hi there! Thought I would show you how I made this last minute Christmas card today. 

I began by inking through the snow globe aperture with Wilted violet around the edge, Saltwater Taffy next, then mustard seed in the middle.  
I removed the inkable and splattered with water, blotted, and then spattered with some white pearlized watercolour paint.
Once this was dry I stamped the text and snowflake corner stamps in opposite corners, and left to dry again. 
I inked up the snowflakes, using versamark ink and heat embossed, using fine detail silver embossing powder. 
Next I added a sentiment with versafine clair ink and matted and layered onto a base card.
Here is the finished card once more...
And here is a close up of an almost identical card but embossed in gold. 
I used:
6x6" card blank
5.5" square of smooth white card
Distress oxide inks in Wilted Violet, Saltwater Taffy and Mustard seed
water/ pearlized paint/ mica powder  to splatter
Snow Blizzard stamp set (no longer available) 
Distress ink in Spun Sugar
Versamark ink 
Paper for matting and layering. 


3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous design Sally, Kate x

Pat said...

I love the masked shape of the globe and trees, and very pretty in the purple and pink Sally, and the golden glow of the yellow in the centre is perfect! The added stars and script around the edges and the silver stars on the globe together with the white on black sentiment embellish and finish it brilliantly. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very beautiful, I love those colours together, gorgeous embossing too. Love the tree line die, then I read your details again and saw it was an inkable? I guess a stencil? Whatever, it is a stunning creation.
Faith x