Thursday 1 July 2010

Lazy Hazy Summer Days for Sir Stampalot

Good morning and welcome to the Sir stampalot challenge for July where the theme is Lazy Hazy Summer Days. I love to wander by the sea, so made a tri shutter card with a seaside theme. The top and bottom small panels were stamped with Crafty individuals seaside elements in distress inks. The central panel was made using a set of clear hobby art Harbour stamps. These are so versatile you can create little scenes so easily. The left and right panels were made using 'Friends'  stamps. I coloured all three with promarkers.
But what is the prize I hear you ask? Feast your eyes on these!
What a wonderful prize, eh?  I wish I could enter myself! So, get your thinking caps on, your summery stamps out and pop over to the Stampalot challenge blog for more inspiration! Thanks for looking and I look forward to seeing your entries!

14 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Very nice indeed, Sally. Looks so evocative of summer, too. Love the scenes.

Not long to go now and you'll be on your mega Summer Hols, lol.

pinky said...

Totally love the little scenes on this card Sally. Our school hols have started and the first day is already rained out lol.
Pinky

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Sally,
I want to be wherever your card is - it looks a wonderful place to be! I just love this card - to me it sums up summer perfectly. The design is wonderful and your colouring is brilliant.
Hugs, Clare x

Zoechaos said...

Wonderous card Sally so right for your theme and so very well thought out a very special card. xx Zoe

chris said...

Hi Sally,such a stunner, love it, I think we can safely say we have summer wrapped up!
hugs chris xx

Joey said...

Hiya Sally

this is gorgeous, beautiful soft colourwork and a gorgeous design, love it

Joey.xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oooh - this beautiful card has reminded me of so many happy holidays we have had over the years - I could sit and look at it all day! Love the tri-shutter design and the soft colours - it really is fabulous.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Jules said...

Hi Sal

What a brilliant make .. .. .. I recognise all of those scrummy stamps!!

A great way to use them all - very ingenious and very much "summer".

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

brenda said...

Hi Sally

Super card, cool colours of a typical Summers day by the sea.

B x

Tracy said...

Hi Sally
I love this it's so serene and dreamy, I love the images and looks like the perfect location for a summer stroll.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

June said...

Ohhh thats a gorgeous piece my friend. Beautiful work. I will have a think about the challenge and maybe try for it too, its a fab prize
hugs June xxxxxxx

lisa said...

A great card, Sally. I think I'd like to be strolling along beside that sea, I can feel the sea breeze from here!!
Hugs Lisax

Lesley Edmonds said...

Very summery - just lovely.
Interesting that Stampress - haven't come across that before
Lx

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a fantastic summery Tri-Shutter card Sally. Love it.

Cathy
xxxx