Sunday 18 July 2010

Rosie D's Challenge 75 - Burgundy, Pink and Cream

Oh my what a bad blogger I'm becoming! Bear with me because it won't last for much longer hopefully!
Here is my entry for this fortnight's Rosie D's where the theme is burgundy Pink and cream. I used the hero Arts stamp Dogwood, and paper-pieced the flowers. The leaves were coloured with promarkers. I used micro beads for the flower centres and used a MS punch for the edge. The pink panels were run through my Swiss dots cuttlebug folder, adding a few punched retro flowers and leaves to finish.
I've been busy trying to sort things out at school as I'm moving classroom. I've been in there for five years so it's a bit like moving house. My laptop has died and cannot be repaired, so I need to replace it. It wasn't very old and has had lots of problems, so I'll be looking for another make. There are quite a few meals and parties coming up with work, and last week I made an appearance as Freddy Mercury in the school talent show (don't ask!). Hopefully by the beginning of August I'll be back to my usual self! Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Very pretty the colours work so well for this image well done you xx Zoe

Mervi said...

So lovely and stylish card, beautiful.
Thanks for sharing this with us
at Rosie D's;-))Mervi

Jules said...

Hi Sal

Sounds like you will be well ready for a summer break. Lots going on in your busy life .. .. all those meals and parties sound like torture LOL!!!!

Great card by the way .. .. love your colours and what you have done with the main flowers very much.

Hope you manage a bit of a chill today.

Love Jules xx

Jackie said...

I love your card and I really 'need that stamp! lol Thanks for joining the RD challenge this week :)

I can sympathise with the end of term chaos, I was a primary school TA for 7 years!

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Sally! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! This card is very pretty and love those flowers. Sounds like a busy time for you. I know our teachers here all had to move rooms too, said it's alot of work.

Lynne K said...

This is so pretty! Love the colours and dotty background. Yes, I've had very little time for blogging lately too. Been busy with school concerts. Can't wait for the hols - time we had a trip out somewhere crafty! xx

Cath Wilson said...

Nearly there, Sally! Can't imagine you as Freddy M, though, lol - thank goodness! Love these colours - really good combo and so well put together.

pinky said...

Freddy Mercury, that I want to see, photos please lol. Love the card Sally, really pretty. My hubby is a teacher and finished on the 30th June and is still at school everyday clearing up and getting ready for september!!
Pinky

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image and the design and finishing touches, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sue said...

This is a beautiful card Sally, lovely colours and your stamp is lovely. Now about you as Freddie Mercury..... lol x

craftimamma said...

The card is gorgeous Sally. Love the colour combo and how you've decoupaged the image. Lovely!

Your Freddy Mercury made me smile and remember my Hubby's take off of Mick Jagger when he was about 18. If you saw him now the thought is hilarious!

I'll be in touch soon about that meet up in the hols.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Cindy Groh said...

Lovely card. You rocked that color challenge.

Saskia said...

Lovely to see your work at Rosie-D's Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)