Saturday 29 August 2020

Rudolf Days for August

 I'm here a bit last minute for the Rudolf days challenge. The end of the month has crept up on me as I am sure it was only about 18th last time I looked! Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying some craft time yourself. 

I've knocked up two simple cards using a woodware stamp set and distress inks in old paper, bundled sage and iced spruce. there are a few bits of sparkle and berries using liquid pearls and stardust stickles. The colouring on the top one was done with distress markers, and I must apologise as it isn't up to my usual standard. I was colouring when it was raining yesterday, and really should have put the light on as it did go very dark.
Do pop over to Maureen's lovely blog and take at the Christmas inspiration. 

I have had a less productive week for some reason. The mojo hasn't disappeared completely, but it isn't at it's strongest. Father-in-law (who is 4 months off his 100th birthday) has a fall during the night on Monday and has broken his hip, so is confined to hospital for a while. We will know more next week. We were worried that he had to have surgery, but he made it through okay and is recovering. He seems to be in good spirits, which is the main thing. I've made a few more masks and done a bit of needlefelting and embroidery, which I will share with you soon.
Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Tut Tut, not up to your usual standard? How dare you. LOL. I love the effect you have done Sally, such pretty colours and stamps, love the central sentiment too. As for mojo, I am so happy that people like you post your cards, otherwise I wouldn't be doing anything, all I'm doing atm is casing cards. At least I learn a then. I hope your FiL isn't in hospital too long, the fall must have given him a huge shock.
Keep safe
Faith x

Pat said...

Two beautiful leaf designs with some pretty berries and blended ink to the edges and the colouring is lovely so no apologies needed Sally. Sorry to hear that your FIL has broken his hip but must be a strong character to have come through the operation well. I do hope he makes a good recovery. I look forward to seeing your felting and embroidery. x

cuilliesocks said...

Well your mojo is still working Sally as these two cards are gorgeous, beautifully designed and inked.
Hope your Father in Law continues to improve, must have been quite a shock for him, Kate x x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally. Thanks for taking part in this month Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi sally,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Two wonderful cards and I love those stamps used.
Your stamped designs are lovely and wonderfully created.
I too am suffering from lack of enthusiasm for crafting these days.
I do so hope yours and mine returns soon.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

scrappymo! said...

You have very high standards for your cards! I would be delighted to have made any of these...
I think they are both quite. They sort of reminded me of when you stand in a forest and look up at the tree tops surrounding your!
Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.