Monday 19 October 2020

A Raven for Bee Crafty

 


Hi there! I am here with a bit if a gothic card today for Bee Crafty. 

I used:

Nevermore Raven Set

Dripping Skull 6x6" inkable

Distress oxide inks in Wilted Violet, Black Soot and Spiced Marmalade

Versafine clair Black ink

White 15cm square card

14x14cm mixed media card


First I put some oxide ink onto my glass mat and sprayed with water before smooshing the mixed media card through it. I used a heat tool to dry it off.


Next I splattered some of the spiced marmalde and wilted violet ink over the  mixed media card with a wet fan brush. I dried this with the heat tool too.


Once it was dry I stamped the Raven, Nevermore and the quote in Versafine Clair Black ink. 


I then lined up the skull template against the right hand side and sponged a little black soot distress oxide ink through the stencil. 

 
Finally I matted and layered it onto the base card with some black paper. Ravens are such wonderful birds and I just couldn't resist this stamp set, as I do love a bit of Poe too. Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Viv said...

Great spooky make Sal. Your background is awesome. x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A wonderful spookylicious make Sally. I love your background too x

Pat said...

I adore that raven and the words by E.A.Poe, and the dripping skull does add to the spooky charm Sally, and love the three colours for the background, and the orange behind the raven is really dramatic and shows it off so well. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An amazing card card Sally and so different for a Halloween card, It's Stunning.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

A brilliant card Sally, I love the raven image and your fabulous background, super atmospheric colours, Kate x

Lia said...

Hi Sally, I have just discovered your blog and became a follower. Your artwork is wellknown to me by Facebook, but I am glad to see all your creation at your blog too!
This card is a beauty!!
Lia xx