Wednesday 28 October 2020

October Rudolf Days and an Autumn card for Dora

Hello! I really must try and get a bit more organised! I have quite a few draft blog posts but keep forgetting to do something with them! Anyway, I am here with a couple of cards for October Rudolf Days. Both of these use the new gorgeous Dawn Serenity stamp, designed by Sandma Cards for Crafty Individuals, along with the snowflake D'inkable from Bee Crafty. For the first I used shaded lilac distress ink and for the second I used tumbled glass, but unfortunately I hadn't cleaned my blending brush enough from using it to blend stormy sky! These are quick and easy Christmas cards to make, so I think there will be several more similar ones. Do pop over to Mo's Blog and see some more lovely Christmas card inspiration.
 I am also sharing my DT card for Dora over at Dora-knutselhoekje
Don't you just love this wonderful mushroom image? I printed it onto some Mustard coloured pastels paper and coloured it with coloured pencils. The base card was stamped and stencilled with Bee Crafty stamps, inkables and distress oxide inks. 
Thanks so much for looking. I do intend having a bit of time visiting some blog land friends during the next couple of days and organising my blog posts a little more!

13 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Sally, what gorgeous cards, I love the winter frame around the fab robin and your colouring, both amazing cards. Then another amazing card with the mushrooms, fab colouring, beautiful background. YOu make me want to get these stamps! However I have to use the ones I have first LOL.
Keep safe
Faith x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two beautiful cards Sally. I love the cards that you’ve made with the robin stamp and you’ve definitely inspired me to make a few Christmas cards with it. Dora’s image is wonderful and your background makes it into a perfect card. X

Viv said...

Two lovely cards Sal, I love the Robin and you know how I feel about 'shrooms!!!!x

Lia said...

Your robin card is amazing!! I like this Crafty Individuals stamp so much (I was allowed to choose a stamp because I won the challenge and it was a hard decision: this one or the other one where i finally went for...!)
Your mushrooms are gorgeous too!
Lia xx

Sarn said...

Such great snowflake backgrounds for the beautiful robin image. Love them.

Also love your autumnal mushroom card.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving me a nice comment.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

MagsB said...

These are gorgeous! The Robin scene is so calm and peaceful, and I love those fab mushrooms on your second card!

love Mags B x

Pat said...

Three fantastic cards and the wintry scenes with the sweet bird are both so atmospheric and beautifully done Sally. I love the wonderful fungi on the lovely yellow pastel paper and the background of prettily coloured leaves too, so prettily autumnal. x

Helen said...

I love the cards, especially the winter ones, I hope we don't get scenes like that this year though! (someone told me we're expecting a bad winter!)

Jules said...

Hi Sally

Two stunning cards.

Love the robin Christmas card very much .. .. it has a very realistic winter feel to it and the colours on your mushroom card are gorgeous.

Have you got lots of stash in ready for being confined to barracks again?

Forgot to tell you. We went to see Jethro Tull at Ripon Cathedral last Christmas. That was probably the last time we went anywhere!

Love Jules xx

scrappymo! said...

Your Christmas cards are so pretty. The inky backgrounds look great...both colours look fab. I thought the blended two shades was on purpose as they look so good.

I think I have a robin stamp from Penny Black that has a bit of the same look as your card. I must get it pulled out and give my attempt at an inky sky. It will not look as great as yours though!

Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

Jenny L said...

Hi Sally,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh what gorgeous cards and such wonderful designs also.
I just love Robins and that scene is super.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two stunning Chrsitmas cards. Thank you for joining the Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

Sue xx

Whisper said...

What a simply delightful wintery scene and thanks for joining us at October's Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x