Monday 25 January 2021

A sunflower greeting

 

I recently invested in some distress oxide sprays and so thought I would use them to make a simple background. Now I have to admit it isn't a big background making session, but I will experiment further when I get the chance.

First I sprayed a piece of mixed media card with crackling campfire, rustic wilderness and a bit of water.

I dried it with a heat tool and then splattered it with the same inks, some water and a little brushed corduroy

I left it to dry and stamped the regular sunflower onto watercolour card using versafine clair ink.

I coloured it with ecoline brush pens and cut it out.

Next I matted and layered the inky panel to the front of a 6 x 6" square card blank, before stamping some splatters from the same stamp set in crackling campfire, rustic wilderness and speckled egg distress oxides.

I stamped the sunflower onto the card so I had a clear idea of where I wanted to stick it down. This also allows for any bits that might have been cut off during the fussy cutting.

Finally I stuck down the sunflower and added a few spots of liquid pearls and jewel drops plus a few white pen highlights.

Here is a look at the finished card again. I have left it without a sentiment for now, as it could be a thinking of you, birthday or anniversary card.

I hope you are keeping safe and well.

 Thanks for looking!

                             Sally x

8 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful background in great colours, love your sunflower and card

Viv said...

These background colours are perfect together Sally - and that's a brilliant sunflower! Great job! x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

You are rocking these sprays Sally and if I'm honest, I'm a little bit jelous as I don't have any...yet! Your card is fab and a sunflower always makes me feel happy, thank you xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So many details on this I am in awe of on this gorgeous card Sally. First your colouring with those sprays, then the beautiful fussy cutting of the sunflower - WOW. The stamped splatters are fabulous. I had never thought of stamping before layering a fussy cut on top, brilliant idea. The finished result is awesome. Love it. I hope I remember to do some of these. :)
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

What a stunning card Sally, I love the colours and especially the splatters, and of course a wonderful sunflower, beautifully coloured too, kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning card Sally, such a beautiful sunflower stamp too.

Sue xx

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant card Sally. I am too worried about the splatters goung everywhere to try this out. . Love this Colour combination. Hugs ?Mrs A.

Mac Mable said...

Glorious colour combination, fabulous splats and I loved reading how you made this fabulous and vibrant card....Thank you for the tips too x.