Monday 11 January 2021

Clean and Simple with a stencil

Hi there! Today's blog post is an extremely quick make - A CAS card using a stencil, Distress inks, a sentiment and some liquid pearls.
I used:
Distress inks in festive berries, mustard seed, twisted citrus, mermaid lagoon, blueprint sketch and wilted violet 
A brush to apply the ink (mine was a make-up brush from Home Bargains)
Bee crafty Wordage Small words sentiments
Liquid pearls, glitter glue or tiny gems
Smooth white 15cm square card
   
First I fastened the stencil to the base card. When using a stencil I generally find it easiest to let the card lay completely flat, so I didn't have it folded
I then applied the ink in strips of colour through the stencil in the order I listed them above. This sort of blending brush is very good for producing well defined lines through the stencil and not leaving bristle marks. 
Finally I removed the stencil, Stamped the sentiment in grey and added some dots of liquid pearls along the note. I told you it was quick! 
I have been busily beavering away at samples for the next Bee Crafty show, this Thursday (14th) on Hochanda at 11am. The stamps, dies and inkables on the show are absolutely gorgeous, so I do hope you can tune in and watch - got a feeling there might be a few sell outs!
I am also beavering away at my Crafty Individuals samples for the show in early February, but I should manage a bit of time to look around in blog land by the end of the week. Hope you are all keeping safe and well. Thank you so very much for all your wonderful comments - they mean such a lot to me x
Thanks for looking! 
                    Sally x

6 comments:

Viv said...

Just two words -
LOVE THIS! x

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful rainbow card with fabulous blending. I use the Home Bargains brushes too and because they where reasonably priced....I bought a few! Great stencil and a great card x.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautifully CAS and I adore rainbow colours as they always make me feel happy. I definitely need to use my stencils a little more this year x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You're such a good teacher Sally, I think even I could do this, I love the stencil and the gorgeous colours, a great sentiment and the liquid pearls are a perfect addition. Love your card.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Sally, and what a lovely stencil, love the musical theme and your gorgeous rainbow colours, Kate x

Pat said...

This music themed circular stencil is brilliant and love the mix of rainbow colours you have used Sally and kept CAS with just the words and little dots of liquid pearls looks perfect! x