Monday 22 March 2021

Butterfly Journal pages


 Hi there! 

I thought I would share a journal spread I did recently with you. Several of the stamps are in the end of line section on the Bee Crafty website, and when they're gone they're gone, I'm afraid. For these pages I used:

Inkable Big ones Bakewell

Beautanicals Wildflower 2 and wildflower 3 stamps

Travel words1 stamps

multi mini distress diamonds stamp

 texture borders set

Butterflies from the regular birds and butterflies set (one of mine was from the XL set too, but there are plenty to choose from including some in the end of line section here

Dies for the regular birds and butterflies (XL ones are here too)

Crackling Campfire and Rustic Wilderness Distress oxide inks

Versafine clair ink in Shady Lane and Nocturne

Ranger Matte Collage medium

It was all done in my Dylusions Mini Journal 

I found a page I had started by misting an inkable with water and popping it into my journal. The colours I had used were crackling campfire and rustic wilderness, so I decided to carry on with the same colours and the same inkable.
I added more of the colours with a blending tool and then added more through the stencil, mostly around the edges of the pages. 
Next I stamped the distressed diamonds in gaps around the edge and splattered with water and a few drops of gold mica spray.
I stamped the wildflowers bottom left with the shady lane ink
I stamped the words in the same shades of Distress oxides.
I then added the dots in black versafine clair ink around the edges of the pages before moving aside.
I stamped my three butterflies onto some cartridge paper using the versafine clair black ink
I painted them with my Inktense blocks, or I could have used ecolines, and cut them out using the dies before sticking them in place using collage medium. Here it is again.

This has to be my favourite colour combination at the moment! Hope you like it! I may well add a few little extras but I am happy with it for now. 

Before I go here is a sneaky peek to remind you to tune in to Hochanda at 1pm tomorrow for the most beautiful brand new stamps, dies and MDF from Bee Crafty. I have loved making samples with them and love the designs so much! Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a stunning journal entry Sally. I love the colours you've used.

Sue xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Sally, fabulous journal pages, love the colour combination and those gorgeous butterflies.
Faith x

Pat said...

I love this double page spread in your journal Sally and the Crackling Campfire and Rustic Wilderness complement one another well. I don't have much storage space so am hoping that it won't be too long before they come out in the smaller size ink pads which I can store a lot easier. Another great sneaky peek of the upcoming Hochanda show too. x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Sally, I absolutely adore your pages, gorgeous colours, images and stencil work. Your sneak preview looks gorgeous, Kate x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Fabulous journalling pages, I love the colours that you've used x