Monday 8 March 2021

Mother's day inspiration

 

Hi There! Several people asked me how I made the background for the first of my samples that I shared last week, so I thought I would do a step by step. This time though I thought it could be a little inspiration for Mother's Day as it is on Sunday here in the UK.

I used Distress inks in spiced marmalade, mustard seed, festive berries, picked raspberry, wilted violet, citrus twist, mermaid lagoon, blueprint sketch and black soot.

The stamps I used were Typewriter Alpha, Ledger and Jane's Flowers and Leaves 1

6" Heart Easy Frame inkable 

Something to splatter - Water or something containing mica powders (I used some very old sprays)

Versafine Clair black ink and versamark ink

Clear and white embossing powder

Here is how I made it:

First I applied the distress inks in patches around the edge of a 13cm square of card with make-up blender brushes. I swiped the pink and the purple lightly across the middle, but left it lighter than around the edge.

Next I stamped over the inked card with the ledger stamp and the versafine clair ink. 

I put the heart inkable 'innie' in the middle of the card and brushed the black ink around it and around the edge of the panel.

I then used the water and mica sprays to add a few splatters and set aside to dry.

Once it was dry I matted and layered it onto black paper and a white 15cm square card.

Next I stamped three flowers in black ink on to white card and clear embossed them.

Once they had cooled, I cut them out and shaped a little with a ball tool.

I Stamped 'Mum' using Versamark ink and white embossed onto a scrap of black card.

Finally I added them to the card using 3d glue gel. Hope you like it!

Hope all the Mums out there have a good Mother's day despite Lockdown. Lets hope we can celebrate properly later in the year.

Thanks for looking! 

                            Sally x

7 comments:

Pat said...

This looks great in a rainbow of colours with the stamped ledger paper Sally, and the pretty added flowers and 'Mum' in black and white stand out beautifully over the top. A fantastic different look for a Mother's Day card. x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is such a pretty card Sally. I'm a great fan of rainbow colours, so this card is right up my street. I really like your use of the heart stencil xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another WOW! card Sally, a wonderful tutorial, that even I can follow. It's a beautiful card that will certainly standout for your Mum. Great stamps too.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Sally, loving your design and those wonderful colours, thanks for your tutorial, Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning card Sally.

Sue xx

Jules said...

Hi Sally

This is absolutely gorgeous .. .. love the colours and the background stamp very much.

Great step by step tutorial!

Love Jules xx

Viv said...

Great job here Sal - the background is fab. x