Tuesday 27 April 2021

A digi from Dora and a walk in the woods

A couple of years ago Dora drew this digi (Flower 7) from one of my photos, after a walk to look at the bluebells in Ploughman's Wood.  We had a lovely walk there again on Friday and so I thought I would use this digi for my DT card for her this month. I printed the digi onto Kraft and coloured it with my Arteza pencils. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I teamed it up with some crafty individuals paper and then stencilled the base card with distress inks through a Bee Crafty D'inkable. The sentiment is from Hobby Art, and I added a few drops of liquid pearls. You can find Dora's digis here.
Here are a few of the photos I took in Ploughman's Wood on Friday, featuring the beautiful Wood Anemones, including a few pink ones. 



And of course a few bluebells too...





Beautiful nature, beautiful weather and the signs of spring definitely put a spring in my step! 
Thanks for looking! 

8 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card to go with the beautiful photos Sally.

Sue xx

karin said...

So beautiful you have coloured the flower. It's like real just the same as on the photos. Great pictures!
Karin

Pat said...

The wood anemones and bluebells are so delicate and pretty and brilliant photos Sally, and I adore your painted version of the anemone with the wonderful leafy stencilled background and CI paper. x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful stamp made into a beautiful card. I love the colours that you've used and the haze around the flower looks great. Love your photos. It's been lovely watching nature wake up over the last few weeks x

meg said...

A brilliant beautifully coloured image and card,great pics too

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How lovely to have a stamp made from your photo Sally, love the colouring on the Kraft. Fabulous photos, I took a photo of the bluebells near us today.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

It's a beautiful card Sally, your colours and design are so pretty.
That looks a lovely wood to walk through, thanks for sharing, Kate x

Jules said...

Hi Sally

Love your craft based card .. .. your colouring looks fantastic!

Great photographs too. Lovely to see the colours of spring making an appearance isn't it.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx