Monday 26 April 2021

A shiny sunflower tag and a sneaky peek!

 

Hi There! Like many of you I loved the look of the dylusions shimmer paints that Bev and Sam showcased in their facebook lives this week and had to have them! Mine arrived on Friday, so I decided I would use them on a tag for this week's blog post. 
This is what I used:
Dylusions shimmer paints in Calypso Teal, Pure Sunshine and Fresh Lime
Archival black ink (You could use memento black)
Versafine black ink 
Memento ink (I used olive grove and bahama blue)
Versamark ink
white embossing powder
black card

Here is how I made it. First I painted the tag using the shimmer paint. I mopped up the paint on my glass mat with another piece of card that will make a great background for another card too. 
Once the paint was dry, I stamped the sunflower in Archival ink  (I could have used memento) onto the painted surface, then stamped the sunflower again onto the watercolour card. Both archival and Versafine would be fine for the watercolour card.

I coloured the sunflower on the watercolour card with my ecoline pens.
Next I used memento ink to stamp a border and some spots around the sunflower on the painted tag. 
I cut out the coloured sunflower and stuck it to the painted tag using collage medium.
Next I added a few extra highlights with gelly roll pens and a white pen. I also stamped the little leaf 4 times in black where the border  joins were, and coloured with the green gelly roll pen.
I added some spots of glossy accents on the centre of the sunflower. 
Whilst this dried, I stamped the sentiment in versamark ink, then heat embossed in white onto a scrap of black card.
Finally I added the sentiment and some matching braid to the tag, matting it onto more black card. 
I hope you will be able to tune in to The Craft Store tomorrow at 1pm as Bev and Sam will be there with some brand new stamps, dies and inkables, as well as fab mdf basics and popouts. Here is a little sneaky peek at one of my samples! I will be sharing them all next week.

Thanks for looking! I will be back tomorrow with my Digi from Dora and some photos x


7 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a sunny and vibrant sunflower tag and thank you for the step by steps x. Those paints look so pretty x.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another SUPER tutorial of this fabulous tag Sally, I love the colours and the border around this happy sunflower.
Your Dragonfly is beautiful also.
Faith x

Viv said...

So question - why do the sight of sunflowers always make me smile?!
A great tag Sal and the dragonfly card is brilliant! x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed tag Sally, I love that bright vibrant sunflower, and your sample care is gorgeous, Kate x

meg said...

Beautiful background colours with a gorgeous stamped sunflower.A great sneak peek too

Pat said...

A gorgeous colour combination using those fab paints Sally and love the sunflower which goes perfectly over the top, and look forward to seeing the new stamps...that dragonfly is so pretty and love the background too. x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Bold, bright and beautiful and I love your dragonfly card with it's gorgeous background x