Monday 10 January 2022

A swallow tag

Hi There! As the theme for this month's challenge over in the Bee Crafty Facebook group is tags, I thought I would make a tag this week. 
I began by cutting the biggest tag from mixed media card using the Bee Crafty Dies. 
 
Next I sprayed it with Dylusions sprays and left it to dry.
Once it was dry I used the dotty dinkable and black soot oxide ink to add some stencilling and also brushed a little ink around the edge of the tag. 

I stamped some of the coffee stain rings and numbers using versafine clair ink over the tag
on a seperate piece of card I stamped the swallow stamp and die cut it
I painted it using distress inks.
I added some white highlights on the tag using a white posca pen and then stamped some of the small words too.

Once it was dry I added the swallow to the tag with 3d glue, along with a little black thread under the swallow and some fibres to the tag top.
Here is the finished tag.

I used:
Versafine clair in Warm breeze and nocturne
Thread

As Jane said in her live last week, tags are a great way of experimenting and just having a go when mojo is lacking. It is equally easy to do this sort of background a little larger and use it on a card or a journal page.
Thanks for looking! 

8 comments:

meg said...

Absolutely brilliant,love the background colours and details/texture

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A wonderful tag and tutorial Sally. Thank you for shareing.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful tag Sally, I love the birds and your vivid background is fabulous. A super tutorial, Kate x

Pat said...

How bright and beautiful Sally and the swallow is so pretty added over the top, and I love the bit of black thread behind him, and also the yellow which finishes the tag off perfectly. x

Mac Mable said...

Vibrant and striking colours and thank you for the tutorial with this eye catching and creative tag x.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is just marvellous Sally, love the swallow on the bright background.
Faith x

Joan said...

Stunning! Love your tag Sally, brilliant background and the swallow stamp is beautiful as is your perfect colouring


Joan x

Dora said...

Beautiful