Saturday 13 August 2022

Amazing Bee journal pages

Hi there! I had some chill time in my journal yesterday. Here is the result. Thought I would show you what I did. 

I found a page in my journal with a little bit of blue inkable mop up on it. (I spray stencils with water when I have inked through them and pop them between pages) 
I inked around the pages with salvaged patina, prize ribbon and uncharted mariner distress oxide.
I sprayed a little water and some brushed pewter distress spray stain over the inked papges
next I added some uncharted mariner distress oxide through the dinkable with a blending brush. 

I stamped the pages using the coffee stains stamps including Sam's favourite numbers using the distress oxides plus some versafine clair ink
Next I stamped the Doodle art bee in black ink on the page
On a piece of white card I stamped the bee again, along with flowers and leaves from the doodle art Blooming blooms and Dandedaisy sets, using memento black ink. I coloured them with Arteza Everblend Art markers and cut them out. 
I stamped a sentiment from the Incredible words set onto a scrap of white card and cut it out
Finally, I added the elements to the background using matte medium. 
I used:
Distress oxide inks in uncharted Mariner, prize ribbon and salvaged patina
Versafine clair ink in black and blue
Arteza markers

I have to admit to crafting with much of what was already out on my table after Wednesday's Facebook live 😂 You can find the live here.  I think I'd better tidy up this weekend! 
Thanks for looking! 

4 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great work Sal.. loved seeing the stages! Such pretty colours.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! wonderful shading, stencilling, image and overall gorgeousness.
Faith x

Pat said...

This mix of the newer blue tones of distress oxide make a lovely background and the added stencilling and the coffee stains, numbers and the cute bee you added and coloured along with the delightful flowers and leaves go beautifully Sally...a fabulous journal page. x

cuilliesocks said...

What gorgeous pages Sally, I love the different shades of blue and your design, loving the bees, Kate x