Saturday 20 August 2022

Playing with Kraft and coloured pencils

Hi there! I've been enjoying colouring this week, using a variety of pens and pencils. I thought I would show you a card I made using stamps, easy frames and colouring pencils.

I began by stamping the large flower from the dandedaisy set onto a 14.5cm square of kraft card. 

Using the 'innie' from the 4" circle easy frame, I blended walnut stain distress oxide around the flower. 
Replacing the 'innie' with the 'outie' of the easy frame, I added some white pencil shading around the circle and then lightly coloured the flower and leaves white too.

I used the same techniques to add two more overlapping circles. 
Next I coloured the flower and leaves with coloured pencils.
I added some stamping to the circles using the white ink.
Using the texture borders set I added a spotty border in walnut stain distress oxide.
I also stamped the script background around the edges a little (without using an acetate block) using the innie as a mask, with vintage photo distress ink. I added a few highlights of gelly roll clear sparkle pen to the centre of the flower. 
I stamped and white embossed a tickertape sentiment, cutting it out and adding it to the card using foam pads.
I decided it needed just a little something more in the circles, so added the circle stamp in vintage photo distress ink before attaching it to a Kraft base card. I also used a dark brown coloured pencil to add a shadow to the flower.
Here is the finished card...
and a close up to show the sparkle in the centre...

I used:
Kraft card
Arteza Coloured pencils
Script background stamp (retired)
Versamark ink

Thanks for looking!  

4 comments:

Viv said...

Love this Sal. x

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Sally, lovely design and colours, Kate x

Pat said...

What a gorgeous card Sally and your white added to the flower before using the colour really gives a shimmery shine to the it, and the circles with added white pencil and white and brown stampings looks fabulous, also the added brown spotty border, the soft bits of script, the white on kraft sentiment strips and brown shading to emphasise the flower are all great finishing touches...a brilliant design. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous colouring Sally, love the design and the beautiful stamps you have.
Faith x