Saturday 24 September 2022

A play in my journal and some karate photos

Hi there! I am here with a colourful journal spread for you this week. I created the background ages ago, just by blending candied apple and seedless preserves distress oxide inks around the page and through the Bakewell inkable. Once this was done I added a little bit of speckled egg  distress oxide spray.

I stamped the mesh stamp from Journal art elements 3 and some coffee stains in Versafine Clair Nocturne
I stamped the numbers in Hero Arts unicorn white ink too
Setting the journal aside I stamped 5 butterflies ( I did 4 originally but then thought an odd number would be better)
I coloured them with Ecoline pens and cut them out
Next I added the butterflies to the page after stamping the antennae directly onto the page where I wanted to position them
Finally I added three of the black sentiment stickers and a few splatters of white gloss spray
Here's the finished pages

I used: 
Distress oxide ink in candied apple and seedless preserves
Distress oxide spray in speckled egg

Apologies that I didn't get round to posting last week. I've been a bit busy with power of attourney duties for my dad, followed by a karate tournament! I got my level one in Judging and refereeing which was loads of fun as well as competing. Here's a few photos. Our region brought home 68 of the 144 medals. Super proud of all of our students and senseis.



 Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OOH! Such lovely pages and colour mix, beautiful images and mix of them too. Congratulations to you and the Team Sally. Well done.
Faith x

Pat said...

Thank you for the step by strep Sally and the finished look is fabulous with those wonderful bright turquoise, red and orange butterflies, and I love the combination of images in the background..a beautiful layout. Great photos of your karate tournament and congrats on your Level 1 Judging and Refereeing..you have a very talented group. x