Saturday 3 September 2022

Collage and paper piecing

Hi There! For my blog post this week I thought I would make a collage background to give some more inspiration for this month's challenge on the Bee Crafty Facebook Group. Here's how I made it.
 
I began by sticking strips of inky paper from my scrap folder onto a 14cm square of card.

Once these were dry I gave it a thin coat of gesso leaving a small border around the edge.
Using the big ones inkables and blending brushes, I added broken china Distress oxide to the sky area and peeled paint Distress oxide to the land.
I used the stitched borders to add a line of stitching to the hills and around the edge of the panel with distress oxide inks.
Using versafine clair nocturne I stamped the house onto the background, onto a book page and onto a piece of inky card from the scrap folder. I cut the roof and front door from the inky card and cut around the house on the book page.
I assembled the house and used coloured pencils and a white gel pen to add a little colour to the windows.
I stamped trees and clouds using versafine clair and gave the trees a little colour with an ecoline pen
Finally I matted and layered it and added a ticker tape sentiment.  
I used:
14cm square of card
scraps of inky mop up paper and book page

Thanks for looking! 


4 comments:

LesleyG said...

I just love this one! Thanks for sharing all the steps, so inspiring xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Sally you are a gem sharing your step by step x

Pat said...

This is a really fun piece of naive art Sally, and the collage made up of the strips which give the look of background fields look great and I love the added stencilling, and then the fun house made up of more scrap pieces, also beautifully finished with the clouds, trees and bits of stamped stitching..a really pretty creation. x

Joan said...

Love your collage card Sally, especially the torn paper background


Joan x