Saturday 10 September 2022

A quick and simple card

 I don't know about you, but it is all feeling a bit strange at the moment, but sometimes, losing yourself in a bit of crafting is a good tonic. Thought I would share a simple card that I made before the news broke on Thursday evening. Here it is.

I began by adding some kitsch flamingo distress oxide ink through the Circles 1 big one inkable directly onto a white 6x6" card blank.
Next I placed the 4"butterfly easy frame in the centre and blended over some wilted violet distress oxide ink. 

I then placed the 'innie' from the 6" butterfly easy frame over the top and blended a little prize ribbon distress oxide around the edge.

Setting aside the base card I stamped the regular doodle art butterfly on a scrap of watercolour paper, coloured it with ecoline pens and cut it out. 
I added some highlights with white and sparkle gelly roll moonlight pens and attached the butterfly to the main card using ultra thick gel medium. 
Finally I added a sentiment from the new Bee Crafty stickers and a bit of stamping in the white space corners.
Here is the finished card again. 
Here's a list of what I used:
6" square card

If you prefer your butterflies more realistic and your backgrounds more grungy, here is the card I made during my Facebook live on Wednesday evening which you can find here.
 
Thanks for looking! 

4 comments:

Viv said...

2 great makes Sal. x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning x

Joan said...

Two beautiful cards Sally, I do love a pretty butterfly or two. The coloours on the second card are lovely and I think I need to have a look at the inkables butterflys too !


Joan x

Pat said...

I love the stencilled circles and the layered inked stencilled butterflies with the stamped and prettily coloured and cut out one on the top works beautifully Sally. The second card is so different but equally pretty but with much more colour and layering, but my preference is the simpler look of the first. x