Tuesday 16 May 2023

Exploring different ways of using Bee Crafty Mandala inkables

Hi There! I have been finding some different ways to use my mandala inkables over the past couple of weeks. I have used them with my coloured pencils (I will include a couple of photos at the end of this post) and now have used them with a black alcohol marker on a distress oxide background. This one was inspired by the birthday card I got from my friend Lynne. Here's how I made this card.

I began by sponging a rainbow of distress oxide across a 14x14cm of smooth card
Next I drew around the inkable Mandala 2 with a pencil, before colouring in using a black alcohol marker.
Once this was all thoroughly dry I went over the top using the Big one fern flourish inkable using Lost Shadow and Worn Lipstick distress oxide inks and dried off with a heat gun
I ran an anti static cloth over the whole thing then stamped the two circle stamps from Journal Art Elements 3 in versamark ink, heat embossing in gold.  
On a piece of plastic I sprayed a little water and sprinkled with Apollo explosion powder and then dabbed it onto the background and left to dry.

On a separate piece of black card I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from mixed messages 2 and cut the end to make a flag.
Finally I matted and layered the background onto a 7" square card, adding the sentiment on 3d foam pads.
I used:
Distress oxide inks in Fired brick, Wild Honey, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet and Seedless Preserves, then Lost Shadow and Worn Lipstick.
Black Alcohol marker
Big ones inkable Fern Flourish
Versamark embossing ink
Black card, White card and 7" card blank

Here are a couple of photos of the mandalas I have coloured with pencil crayons too

There are all sorts of offers on the Bee Crafty Website at the moment as May is their 21st Birthday month, so definitely worth a good look! 
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What wonderful and colourful work on all your makes Sally. I love the addition of the gold stamped images on your card. Fabulous work.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous cards Sally, I love the bright colours, Kate x

Pat said...

This is a fabulous card Sally, and a great idea to pencil round the mandala stencil and then ink it with a black pen which really makes it pop and a wonderful rainbow of colours. The two others in your journal look beautiful too. x

Joan said...

That’s lovely Sally, love all the layers of colours, I bought a Mandela stencil and never used it but might have a go with your technique


Joan x