Tuesday 30 May 2023

Glad you are here journal pages

 

Hi There! thought I would show you how I made these journal pages for my blog post today. 

I began by spreading dylusions paint with my fingers over the two pages.
I gave it a little dry with a heat tool then sponged through a couple of tag inkables using white gesso
I set this aside then stamped the doodle Art mandalas onto stamping tissue using Monarch versafine clair ink. I cut them out and added them to the page using Matte Medium
Next I mixed a little gold mica powder with some water on a piece of acetate and smooshed and blobbed it onto the page, leaving it to dry. 
I stamped the doodle art dragonfly twice on to stamping tissue and twice onto some mixed media paper. I cut them all out and coloured the mixed media paper ones using pencil crayons.
I stamped the mixed messages sentiment onto stamping tissue and cut it out
Back in the journal I stamped a few of the worker stamps from the dragonfly set using embossing ink, then heat embossed with detail gold powder.
Finally I added the sentiment and dragonflies to the page, positioning the coloured dragonflies over the tissue ones to replace the legs and dots I cut off when I cut them out.
Here is the finished page once more.

I used:
Dylusions paints in Blue lagoon, laidback lilac and peony blush
Tag inkables set 1 and 3
Gold mica powder
Embossing ink

I will be live over on the Bee Crafty Facebook page at 8pm tomorrow, so I hope you will join me.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Wow Sally, so much bright and beautiful colour for this super journal page, and I love the dragonflies and mandalas over the pretty stencilled background...brilliant!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I always enjoy seeing how you make your pages Sally, these are more of your creative gorgeousness.
Faith x