Tuesday 13 June 2023

More Bees!

 

Hi There! For today's blog post I thought I would show you how I made this clean and simple single layer card using the new Bee Mine stamp set. 

I began by using stencil tape to mask off the top and bottom of a 13cm square ivory card. I blended mermaid lagoon ink at the top of the unmasked strip, and twisted citron at the bottom.
I used one of the stamps from the sketchy flowers set and stamped it in Versafine clair Verdant across the panel
I used colouring pencils tocolour in the flowers and leaves.
Next I removed the masking tape and stamped two of the smallest bees in versafine clair nocturne. I coloured with gelly roll moonlight pens and a pale blue colouring pencil. 
Finally I added a sticker sentiment and a dotted line under each bee with a black micron pen.
I used 
13cm square ivory card
Colouring pencils

On Wednesday evening I did a live over on the Bee Crafty Facebook page, making another simple card and a journal page using the doodle art bee stamp set.
You can find the live here
Don't forget the challenge on the Bee Crafty Stamps facebook group is to use warm/ hot colours. We would love you to enter! 
Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Viv said...

2 Great makes Sal. x

Pat said...

More beautiful work Sally using those cute bees, and I love the masked off strip across the card with the pretty flowers and leaves and then the sweet little bees, and then the honeycomb and super design of the masked off hexagon with the larger bee on top, and the bright really striking journal page with more cute bees and love the contrasting black sentiment strips too. x