Tuesday 27 June 2023

A hot dandedaisy

 

Hi There! Has it been warm enough for you?! I have to admit I have wilted a bit over the weekend. With the end of the month a few days away, I thought I would show you how I made this card with it's hot colours (Just like the Bee Crafty Facebook Group challenge theme!). 

I began by blending Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, and Mustard Seed distress ink over some smooth white card. 
Next, I stamped the 'rainbows' and the circles from Journaling Essentials #1 in Versafine Clair Black ink. 
I added some more Picked Raspberry ink through the dinkable over the background and set aside.
On a scrap of mixed media paper I stamped the largest Dandedaisy in black ink and cut it out. 
I smooshed the flower with the purple and pink ink, then added a few spots of Mustard Seed to the centre using a paint brush
I matted and layered the background onto a 6x6 card blank, adding the flower using foam pads and a wordy sticker for a sentiment
Here is the finished card again. 
I used:
Distress inks in Picked Raspberry, Mustard seed and Wilted Violet
6x6 blank card
Black paper for matting and layering
Smooth white card stock

The blending brushes I used for this are new ones. I have to say I am very impressed with them so far. Thanks for looking! 

1 comment:

Pat said...

Very bright and pretty colours Sally and I love the circle theme to the background with the bubble type stencilling and the different patterned circles, and a beautiful pink smooshed flower added over the top..a fabulous card! x