Tuesday 4 July 2023

A Quick card

 


Hi There! thought I would show you how I made this quick card today! 

I began by taping the outie of Mandala inkable #4 to a 6x6 card, then blending distress ink into the centre. I used Twisted citron in the middle, then peacock feathers and wilted violet around the outside.
Next I popped the mandala in and blended black soot ink through it. 
I removed the inkable and stamped the bird and words from Sketchy Birds into the centre.
Using a grey pencil crayon I added a little shading around the bird.
Here is the finished card again. Perfect for a teacher at the end of term 😉
I used:
6x6 card blank
Distress inks in Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet and Black Soot
Grey Colouring Pencil

Our Challenge over in the Bee Crafty Stamps Facebook Group is to make a quick card. I hope this inspires you to come over and join us and have a go! Thanks for looking! 

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful card, love the colours and the bird stamp Sally. Sorry to have been AWOL.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

What beautiful colours and design Sally, a lovely card, Kate x

Pat said...

I love this technique using the different blended inks Sally and the pattern shows up brilliantly, also the outline bird is so pretty over the top...thank you for the great inspiration. x