Tuesday 18 July 2023

A Curious Dragonfly

 


Hi There! I have almost finished my Dylusions mini journal and wanted to cover up the paint swatches I had done on the last page. This is the result. It was super quick and easy and would look equally good on a card. This is what I did.

I began by cutting a piece of Catalyst paper (Set 2) to fit the page. I used matte medium to stick it down and rounded the corners with a pair of scissors.
I sponged a little prize ribbon distress oxide around the edges and then added the word Curious from the Spontaneous Words transparencies with matte medium.
On a scrap of white card I stamped the Dragonfly and the word from the dragonfly set. I coloured them with coloured pencils and cut them out using the matching dies.
Finally I attached them to the page using matte medium.
Here is the finished page again.

I used:
Dragonfly dies (also available as a bundle)
Coloured pencils

Hope this gives you a little inspiration for this months challenge in the facebook group, where the theme is quick cards. Thanks for looking! 



2 comments:

Pat said...

Such a pretty dragonfly Sally and works brilliantly on this background and a great last page in your mini journal. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this, the dragonfly looks real Sally, gorgeous colours.
Faith x