Sunday 26 April 2020

April Rudolf Days and a Digi from Dora

We are quickly approaching the end of April, so it is time for the Rudolf days Challenge over at Scrappy Mo's. I've brought two very contrasting cards this time, made with two stamps/ sets I've had in my stash for a long time. The first uses stamps from Little Clare, who I'm sad to say are no longer with us. I stamped in memento and coloured with alcohol based markers. The 3 geese at the front are on an extra fold in the card.
The second card was made with a wood mounted stamp from Penny Black, with hero arts French script in the background and a greeting from woodware. The paper was made with all sorts of sprays with a fair bit of mica in them, so is quite shiny in real life and the trees were embossed in white.
Do pop over to Maureen's blog and take a look at the fabulous inspiration. No harm in making a start on Christmas cards whilst we have the time if you haven't already. 
Finally, here is my DT Card using one of Dora's wonderful digis with a lovely oystercatcher and it's chick at the water's edge, which I coloured with pencils. You can find Dora's fabulous Digis on her website here.
 I do hope you are all okay, and coping with things. How is your hair? I am defintiely ready for a haircut now. Lockdown ponytail seems to be my style, lol. I am sorry I haven't been around as much as I intended here in blogland. I've done 3 zoom karate classes this week and might pull in a 4th if I can. One I ran myself and although I was nervous at first it went well, and I had 10 students. there will be a few more next week too I think. GKR seem to have put things in place very quickly and it is good to see my training buddies and students again.
 Thanks for looking and for your lovely comments. Stay safe xxx
Oh yes, and if you have time, please give my crochet post below a bit of love 😉 Thanks!

10 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Sally, gosh you've been busy and what gorgeous cards, I especially love the first one, the geese with their wellies is so sweet. I miss Little Claire too, I'm glad I've got quite a few of their stamps.
Well done on the karate classes and leading one too, keep safe and well, Kate x

Pat said...

Three wonderful creations Sally and the geese are so cute and then the contrast of the pretty white embossed tree against the dark blue background, and I love the beautifully coloured oystercatcher and chick. Zoom is a great way to get people together and glad your karate classes were so successful. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Christmas is getting close! I LOVE your goose card and the blue one is gorgeous. Your birdie one is seaside dreams.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

scrappymo! said...

Your Ruolph Days Challenge entries are wonderful. That first one from Little Clair is so fun. Great idea to add the geese on the bottom raised flap. I just cut out some geese from a decoupage sheet. They are sitting on my desk right now and perhaps I shall see if I can try that fold. I like the idea of them to be propped up that way!

Your second card is GORGEOUS! Love the look of that inky beauty. The tree pops against that beautiful background.

I enjoyed the shore bird card too as it is not as if we are getting to the shore. We live about a 15 minute drive to the ocean but they have shut all the parks and parking lots down to help prevent people from congragating there.
We are over 66 and Al although he has an average weight, has had a heart attack at 58 and also has diabetes. He is in the high risk group. Sadly, my love of cooking reflects in my weight, and I am in the imune compropised group as well. So, that means we are both in the stay home group till this is over or a vaccine found. I think we are home till the end of the year for sure!
Grocery deliveries are really hard to get, so Alpicks them up about every ten days. He wears disposable gloves and a mask and also plastic face guard thingy that I made. We wash down all packaging, fruit etc before it comes into the house. He goes in to get his clothes into the wash, and has a shower. I wipe down the p[atio table where we whipe off everything, and trail behind him wiping the doorknobs, light switches etc. Then into the shower and a change of clothes for me. Seems like we have more laundry now!

By the time we are done, I need a nap! ahahahaha

Take care and keep safe
Maureen

Kathleen said...

Not one but three fabulous creations, they all have great images, super colours and designs. (Running Late. sorry not commented individually)

Kath x

Linby said...

Two lovely Christmas cards, the first one is so jolly.
Beautiful nature scene on your third card.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Three gorgeous cards Sally I especially love the Christmas card with those wonderful geese in their wellies. Thank you for joining in Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

Sue DT xx

Dora said...

Three beautiful cards, Sally. Nice are the geese. think me about a little animation film for childeren. Niels Holgersson with his goose Maarten.
May be you do not know it.
Very beautiful cards!!!

Whisper said...

Oooo what a pair of Xmas stunners and both so different, i'm loving the 6 geese are laying and I like the nod to the song, the PB tree is absolute class, thanks for joining us at Aprils Rudolph Days Challenge,

Luv Sam x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sally,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What an array of gorgeous makes.
The yare all so very wonderfully created as always.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.