Wednesday 15 April 2020

Non-stamping craftiness

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments on my previous post. Thought I would share some of the things I made before lockdown. I had this post all ready to go, but hadn't published it, so I've tweaked it a little and here it is now. 
I've done a little needle felting over the past few months. I am a complete beginner, but had been introduced to it by my lovely friend Lynne as stress relief last year. I bought some leaf templates from Mum's Makery and started felting oak leaves. With a bit of stitching and a few seed beads I've begun to turn them into brooches. All this sewing and needlework made me realise I could do with a pin cushion and after a quick internet search I found a very easy tutorial to make one in the style of a pumpkin, and here is my first attempt, made with an Aldi fat quarter and a pair of old tights for stuffing.
Mid March, one of my crafty friends found me some orange fleece fabric and I made 3 more, which look so much better with decent stuffing in them! The missing one has gone to live with Megan in Sheffield 😀

 I did wonder about trying to sell a few pin cushions, but not sure how many people would want one...

Thanks for all your birthday wishes for Meg. She is currently taking a break from her medicine course and is not on the front line, like the rest of her year group. They will not be doing any final exams, but have all been allocated hospitals to work in taking on the role of F1s. Meg is currently working for two health related charities, and will hopefully be starting a masters in human nutrition in September for a year, before going back to finish her degree the following year.
Thanks for looking!
  

5 comments:

Pat said...

I love your felted leaves Sally and the added embroidery and beads really enhance them, and your pumpkin shaped bin cushions are such fun and the orange felt ones the perfect colour too, and some more added beads to which work beautifully. I think if you were to have your stall again before Christmas then these would sell well as there are lots more people interested in sewing and patchwork quilting out there. I hope Meg had a good birthday and that everything goes well for her with her medicine degree, and her MA too. What a clever daughter you have, and a pretty one too. x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Sally, your projects are fabulous, I love the little felt leaves.
I hope your Daughter managed to have a lovely birthday, despite the unusual circumstances. Well done to her for getting stuck in, you must be very proud of her, take care, Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love those gorgeous leaves Sally and your pumpkin pin cushions too.

Sue xx

Helen said...

the leaves look great Sally. Good to hear Meg's news too, and I am glad she is not having to face the frontline. Take care and stay safe.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I think it's wonderful that your creativity is showing in these such wonderful projects and so beautifully made too. I love the brooches and the fab pin cushions, I would have thought that pin cushions would be wanted, as sewing is making a big comeback. Gorgeous makes Sally.
Good Luck to Meg in all she does.
Keep safe and well
Faith x