Monday 14 December 2020

An altered journal for Bee Crafty

 

As Bev from Bee Crafty is on Hochanda tomorrow with some really gorgeous Queen Bee Journaling stamps, I thought I would share this journal cover. I had bought a couple of small sketch books/ journals a while ago from a high street store, but they had the most ridiculous sticky labels on the front and by the time I had got them off, I had managed to damage the cover. This is what it looked like
Today I decided it was time to do something about it! I got the Bakewell Inkable big one and attached to the damaged cover with a pice of masking tape.

Next I applied some texture paste through the stencil with a palette knife. I washed my stencil and palette knife and left the paste to dry.
Once fully dry I painted over with black gesso and again left to dry thoroughly.
Next I rubbed a little gilding wax in 2 different colours over the textured surface.
I added a line with gold pen down the edge of where the stencil came to.
I used the larger of the banner dies from the Tag and Banner die set and cut one from some thick white card.
I used the Typewriter Alpha to stamp the word Journal across the die cut
A little black ink was sponged around the edge before attaching to the front of the journal with foam pads.
A couple of drops of liquid pearls finished it off.

Here is the finished journal. I am rather pleased with that rescue! I am going to do something similar with an A5 pad of mixed media paper for my bullet journal for next year. I am looking forward to improving my journaling skills using the templates and stamps on tomorrow's shows rather than buying a diary (My 2020 diary was a bit of a waste, lol).

I do hope you can join Bev (and Sam) on Hochanda at 1pm Tomorrow (Tuesday 15th December) 

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Viv said...

A fab job here Sally - it looks wonderful! x

cuilliesocks said...

What a brilliant cover Sally, love the stencil design and the colours you've used. very rich looking, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Sticky labels are the baine of The doc's life. He hates them with a vengence and the air is blue when he has to take one off of something. You have made a brilliant cover for your journal. Much better than the shops original and worth twice if not tripple it's price. hugs Mrs A.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, wonderful stencil and then the gold, with the perfect stamp and die to finish, make a few and sell 'em for a fortune, LOL. A Fabulous result Sally.
Faith x
PS you may have inspired me to do similar? We'll see LOL.

Pat said...

Some sticky labels ruin a surface sometimes even if you remove them extremely carefully, and my pet hate is on paperback books when they peel but leave the sticky behind which will never remove cleanly. I just adore the way you decorated the cover of this journal with the texture paste through that beautiful stencil and then added the black gesso and the pretty gilding waxes, and the banner inked and stamped adds a very elegant finishing touch. This has elevated it from a simple journal to something very special! x

Sarn said...

Hi Sally

WOW - this is so stunning. Absolutely beautiful.

Hugs, Sarn x