Thursday 31 December 2020

Goodbye 2020

 As it is New Years Eve, I thought I would quickly reflect on the year that we are leaving behind. I know it has been a really difficult one for many, and in lots of ways we have been quite lucky. Some of our closest friends have had it very tough and we have tried to help wherever we can. Although we haven't been able to see Meg and Grant much, we can still have regular skype sessions, which I am very thankful for. I don't want to dwell on the negatives, but celebrate some of the positives to carry forwards. 

Crafting has certainly kept me busy and I am loving every minute of being on the Crafty Individuals and Bee Crafty Design teams. Each month brings new inspiration and goodies which I thoroughly enjoy working with. As well as stamping, I've loved learning to crochet and although I am not very skilled, I am happy with the progress I have made. Something new that I am trying in 2021 is bullet journalling. There will be a post here on Monday with my progress so far. With all the uncertainty of the coming year, it was a much better option than a diary, and it is something I can adapt to suit myself.

We have just heard that Karate is continuing on Zoom, so after a fortnight break I will be working on my karate in the living room for 3 or 4 hours a week. Seeing and training with my Karate family has really kept me going, even when it has been reallly tough. We will also continue to explore the local area on foot (we are teir 4), finding more footpaths and keeping up our step count. 

My lovely friends Lynne, Sandma, Viv and Joan have been wonderful and have cheered me up no end. Our messenger chat often involves a good laugh as well as crafting know how and recipes. Thanks so much my friends.

Finally, Thank you to my followers. Your lovely positive comments make my day. I hope I can organise my visits to blog land to be more frequent rather than just trying to catch up once a week!  

Here is a whistle stop tour of some projects I enjoyed from the past year. I'm not saying my favourites, because choosing those would be much harder, lol. Hope you like them!

January had to be a crafty Individuals stag which was one of my Christmas presents

 For February I chose this Bee Crafty doodle Art flower

For March, here is the mixed media vintage collage with embroidery, stamping, painting and collage I made at a workshop at PDA at Langley Mill

April's had to be a Crafty Individuals kingfisher scene

For May I've chosen the Hobby Art Greenhouse I made for my nephew.

For June I chose the Crafty Individuals pincushion.


 For July this mini journal made with Bee Crafty goodies as I joined their DT was one of my favourites

August was very colourful with Jane Royston's Bee Crafty stamp designs. This one really reminds me of marbles, andI love that sentiment!

September featured lots of seahorses...so hard to choose a favourite!

October was when Sandma's gorgeous scene stamps were launched at Crafty Individuals and I became addicted to Kingfishers!

For November, I am choosing this Bee Crafty make featuring the winter journalling girls collection, and the perfect way to spend an evening!

and finally, December, where I just couldn't choose between that lovely boat...

and this Bee Crafty sample in my new favourite colour palette!

I do hope your New Year is an improvement on 2020 and that you have much to be thankful for and to enjoy.

Thanks for looking and All the best for 2021

                Sally x

8 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a lovely post Sally and I really appreciate your friendship too. I love your cards and couldn’t pick a favourite if I had to. Here’s to looking forward and to a happier new year, also to lots more happy crafting xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a positive post Sally and to top it all off your favourite cards, I wouldn't be able to choose any of yours, I love them all, this set is particularly beautiful though LOL.
Happy New Year.
Faith x

Pat said...

Your cards are always beautiful Sally and this is a brilliant selection across the board of your crafting journey, cards, crochet and embroidery and your journalling, all done brilliantly. I do hope 2021 is a much better year for us all and look forward to seeing lots more of your wonderful work thoughout the coming year. x

Lynne K said...

Great post, Sally! Although 2020 was an awful year, there certainly were positives, as you say. I think crafting has helped many people, not just as a way of keeping ourselves busy and promoting a sense of achievement but also in the support and wonderful friendships that have come from it. Hopefully it will continue to do so. Onwards and upwards in 2021! xxx

Viv said...

Lovely post and a gorgeous array of projects from this year, Sal.
I have things to be thankful for too - and my crafting friends are high on the list. x

Joan said...

A wonderful post Sally, so many lovely makes. Crafting friends have kept me going during the dark days of 2020 and I am forever grateful for these friendships

Joan x

Jules said...

Hi Sally

A great post and lovely to see your picks of the year.

I agree that being able to see our families and friends through the power of the internet is a real life saver. I has been especially brilliant for my Mum.

You sound like you have a lovely time with your Messenger Chat pals too.

I gave myself a cardmaking/blog break between Christmas and New Year and my fingers are super itching to get creating again now.

I hope you had a good Christmas and wish you all the very best for 2021. Let's hope things are going to start to improve pretty soon.

Love Jules xx

Mac Mable said...

I so enjoyed reading your post and loved all the creativity you choose to hi-light x. Sending New Year hugs x.