Monday 28 February 2022

Shrink Plastic Earrings

 Hi There! There were some lovely comments last week about the earrings, so I thought you might like to see a step by step for them. 

First I stamped the mandala twice onto sanded frosted shrink plastic and, once dry, I cut them out. I used black brilliance ink for this, or you could use stazon. I punched a small hole in each one.
I used colouring pencils to add a bit of colour to match the beads I had chosen.

Next I shrank the mandalas with a heat gun, turning regularly and then flattening with an acrylic block once fully shrunk. 
using pliers I added silver jump rings through the holes I had made.
Next I threaded three beads onto each of the eye pins and bent the end round with the pliers to make another loop.  
I attached each set of beads to the jump rings 
Finally I added an earring hook to the top of each set of beads. 
I use the largest of the tag dies as a presentation card for the earrings. I made two holes in it with a pokey tool.
I used:
Brilliance ink (or Stazon)
Sandpaper
Coloured pencil
2 jump rings
2 eye pins, 
6 beads 
2 earring hooks
round nosed pliers
Tweezers
Hole punch
 
Thanks for looking! 


3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FAB-U-LUS, love the beads with the mandala stamping onto shrink plastic Sally, Super work.
Faith x

Pat said...

I love your creativity with the earrings made from the shrink plastic mandala and the pretty added beads Sally. x

Sarn said...

Plastic fantastic! Love these unique earrings. xxx