Thursday 3 March 2022

A journal page for Crafty Individuals

 Hi There! I was inspired by Jean's live on Wednesday afternoon to get my journal out, and here are the results. I took photos as I went along to show you how I made it.

I began by tearing some scraps of book pages, papers and tissue and sticking them down in my Seawhite 6" square journal. For this I used matte medium.

When this was dry I gave it a coat of gesso and left to dry again.
Using the funky flowers mask and a blending brush I added some walnut stain distress ink flowers.
Next I stamped some of the mismesh and man's best friend stamps around the edges using the same ink. This takes a little longer to dry on a gessoed surface, but will dry eventually.
I stamped the flowers in versafine clair ink onto Crafty Individuals stamping card. I coloured them and cut out the panels, then found a suitable sentiment from a pack of Dina Wakely collage papers.

I added these to the page with matte medium, adding a little shading around the flower panels with a pumice stone distress crayon.
Finally I added a few sequins to finish it off.

Thanks for looking and I hope I have inspired you to have a go! Journals are a great place to have a play and experiment with new techniques.

7 comments:

meg said...

Your choice of sentiment and floral elements work beautifully together,fantastic pages

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Sally, your pages are fabulous, I love all the stamping and background colours and your floral images are beautiful, all very creative, Kate x

Pat said...

A wonderful journal page Sally with lots of great CI stamps and I love the two pretty flowers both beautifully coloured..they would make brilliant bookmarks. x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning spread across your journal Sally, I love it.

Sue xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How Wonderful Sally, I love the pages and the sentiment is exactly where I want to be, will have to show hubby it and try and persuade the move hahaha.
Faith x

Sarn said...

Smashing pages Sally. Thanks for sharing how they were made. xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful! I'm really enjoying seeing your journal pages x