Saturday 26 March 2022

A spring Dragonfly card

 

Hi There! I decided to have a play with more doodle art stamps for my step by step this week. Here is how I made this dragonfly card.

I began by smooshing a little twisted citron distress oxide ink onto a 14x14cm piece of watercolour card. 

once this was dry I used a sponge to blend some peacock feather distress oxide ink through the circles dinkable. I misted the inkable with a little water and laid it onto the other side of the card, then dried it. 
Next I used the twisted citron distress oxide through the dots dinkable randomly around the card.

Using the ledger stamp without an acrylic block I added a few bits around the background using the same two inks. I also sponged a little ink around the edges.

On a scrap of black paper I heat embossed a selection of the small words in white. I also did the same with the chosen sentiment from the set.

I tore the edges of the paper and cut out the sentiment carefully.

Next I stamped some of the coffee stains in black versafine and stuck the embossed strip down the centre of the background, adding the sentiment too with Matte Medium.

On a separate piece of watercolour card I stamped the doodle art dragonfly in versafine clair ink and coloured it with ecoline pens, using a paint brush and water to blend the colours. I cut it out
I also stamped the dragonfly on the background, sticking the coloured one over the top just down the body, allowing the wings to be free.
Finally I added a few highlights with the gellyroll moonlight pens. 
Here are the products I used:
15cm square base card
14cm square of watercolour card
Distress oxide ink in twisted citron and peacock feathers
Versamark ink
Ecoline pens
Ranger Matte Medium
Gellyroll Moonlight pens
On Wednesday I did a facebook live for Bee Crafty and created this Art Journal page
If you would like to watch you can find it here
Thanks for looking! 

4 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A fabulous card Sally, so much detail and I adore the colours that you've used. Great journal pages too, I don't know where you find the time to create so many wonderful works of art xx

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful card Sally, I love the colours and you fabulous stenciling, the dragonfly is stunning.
Beautiful journal pages too, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm so glad you showed the black text piece Sally, I would have thought it was the beautiful background that was wripped. This is fabulous with Super details.
Faith x

Pat said...

What a fabulous card Sally, and I love the design with the wonderful stencilled and stamped blue and yellow layer with the white on black script strip torn and added over the top with the super coordinating black coffee stains, and the beautiful dragonfly and sentiment finish it brilliantly. x