Saturday 12 March 2022

vintage Moths for Bee Crafty


 Hi There! I have changed my blog day for Bee Crafty so I will be here with my crafty contributions every Saturday now. I have been really enjoying creating with a vintage vibe so this week I made a card. Here's how I did it.  
I began by spraying a piece of mixed media card with Distress oxide sprays in Prize Ribbon, Wild Honey and squeezed lemonade. 
I stamped the ledger stamp in memento Toffee crunch all over the dry oxide background.
Next I attached the damask template and applied distress crackle texture paste through it. 

When this had dried I added some distressed diamonds in vintage photo distress oxide ink through the dinkable 
I stamped 3 moths from the dragonfly set down the right hand side. 
I stamped, coloured with ecolines, and cut out 3 more moths. These were stuck over the ones on the card with collage medium attached by the bodies only.
I added a stamped sentiment and attached to a 6x6" card. 
here is the finished card again. 
I used:
15x15cm card
14x14cm of mixed media card
Paler brown ink such as Tea Dye distress ink or Memento toffee crunch
Versafine clair black ink

Here are some ATCs that I made in Wednesday Night's live over on the Bee Crafty facebook page (3 of them during the Live). I will be doing fortnightly lives for them so the next one will be on 23rd March at 8 pm. It would be lovely if you could join us! The Bee Crafty Stamps facebook group is lovely and friendly and has a monthly challenge where we are asking you to make an ATC or 3 this month. 
Thanks for looking! 

7 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fabulous card and tutorial Sally and your ATC's are stunning.

Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

Sally wowzer love this and thanks for sharing in my facebook group. xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

You've been on a roll this week Sally. Your makes are absolutely stunning! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely WOW! Sally, gorgeous cards, wonderfully designed and I love the colour pallet, Kate x

Sarn said...

A wonderful journal page with the great backgrounds and the moth embellishments.

LOVING your pretty blue and yellow ATC collection. Unfortunately, I'm not on FB so can't see your "lives" - but wishing you good luck with them.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Joan said...

A fabulous card Sally,love the background you have created and the colours are so vibrant, just love it.


Joan x

Pat said...

A bright and beautiful card using these pretty moths and love the texture of the stencilling using the crackle paste Sally and thank you for the step by step, and the ATC's are so dimensional too using the wonderfully coloured sunflower, butterfly and dragonfly as the focal images. x