Saturday 22 October 2022

A quick and simple dragonfly card

Hi there! Thought I would show you how I made this very quick and simple card today.


I began by blending a little salvaged patina distress ink through the Pebble pavement big one inkable onto a 6x6" white card. As this is a clean and simple card I used stencil tape to ensure I didn't go over the edge. I left a diagonal band without any blending.

I removed the big one and positioned the outie from the 4" circle easy frame inkable centrally on the card. I blended some villainous potion ink into the circle. 
I used some of the worker stamps in opposite corners to stamp in the salvaged patina distress ink. 


Next I stamped the dragonfly in memento ink on to a scrap of white card and coloured it with alcohol based markers. I cut it out, cutting off the legs.


I also stamped the dragonfly in memento ink directly onto the purple circle in the position I wanted it.

I used matte medium to attach the coloured one onto the front of the card, lifting the wings a little. 
I added a little glossy accents to the body and parts of the wings.

Finally I added a sentiment.
Here is the finished card again


I used
Distress ink in Salvaged Patina and Villainous Potion
Alcohol markers
Black Memento ink 

Did you see the facebook lives from Thursday's MDF day? They were amazing! You can catch up with Sam and Bev's on the Bee Crafty Facebook page, and Ann's is over in the Bee Crafty Stamps facebook group.

Thanks for looking! 


4 comments:

Tina Z. said...

Wow, absolutely stunning.

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Sally, with lovely colours and design. Hope all is well with you, Kate x

Pat said...

I just adore the dragonfly on this pretty and elegant card Sally, and the limited palette works beautifully with the stencilling and stamping in the background and then the purple circle which is perfect for the dragonfly to sit upon, and the sentiment is really lovely.. a fabulous card. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Thanks for the great tutorial Sally, LOVE the finished card, it's beautiful.
Faith x