Saturday 15 October 2022

Absolutely Conkers!

 

Hi There! It is very definitely Autumn, so I've had a little seasonal play in my journal. Here's how it came together.

I began by blending some spiced marmalade and peeled paint distress oxide ink around the edges of a double page in my Dylusions mini journal.
Next I used the 'into the woods' inkable to add a bit more of the same inks.
I mixed a little Pretty gets gritty explosion powder with some water and splattered it onto the page. 
Next I stamped some of the worker stamps from the Doodle Art ladybird set around the page.
I sponged a little ground espresso around the edges of the pages and along a skylines inkable at the bottom.
On a scrap of card I stamped the Warm Winter journaling girl, coloured her in and cut her out cutting her curls off.
I also stamped her directly onto the journaling page (you only need the outline and her hair, so don't worry if it isn't perfect )
I stuck the coloured image over the image stamped on the page using matte medium. 
Finally I selected three stickers that I liked from the Autumn wordy stickers and added them to the page. I also added a few white pen highlights.

Here's the finished page again. The more I look at it the more I think it needs a mushroom or three, lol. Maybe later! 
I used:
Distress oxide inks in Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint and Ground espresso
A colouring medium (I used alcohol markers)
 
Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Joan said...

Fab page Sally, lovely autumnal feel to it


Joan x

Pat said...

A beautiful autumnal journal piece Sally, and love the added lady wrapped up in her hat and scarf and the falling leaves and flowers added over the stencilled trees...great colours too. x