Saturday 29 October 2022

Moonlight and snowflakes

 

Good Morning! I am here with a step by step tutorial for this card. 

I began by stamping the moon in shaded lilac distress ink onto a 14cm square of white card.
Next I blended distress inks around the moon getting gradually darker.
I added some ground with a skylines inkable in the foreground using black soot distress ink. I also sponged a little around the edge. I gave this background a light spray with water and dried it thoroughly
Next I used an anti static cloth across the card. I then stamped and embossed in white randomly around the page using the snowflake from winter journaling girl Cosy
I stamped Cosy onto the background where I wanted her and also onto a piece of white card.
I coloured her with ecoline pens and cut her out.
After sticking her to the panel over the stamped image with matte medium, I added a few white pen highlights.
I stamped the spots from the same stamp set in spun sugar and shaded lilac around the edge of a 15cm square card
I attached the panel to the card and added a sentiment from winter small words using white ink and embossing powder. I added a few smaller snowflakes from the small words stamp set in just white ink too
 
Here is the finished card again.
I used:
Birds and Moons stamp set ( there is a moon on the conch shell set too)
Distress inks in Shaded Lilac, Spun Sugar, Wilted violet and Black soot
Versamark ink

Thanks for looking! 

3 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful creation Sarah I love the step by step details and the final product gorgeous mage and colours
hugs
lorraine x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So beautiful and I love the image and the colour mix Sally.
Faith x

Pat said...

I love the purple tones in the background to make a pretty scene, and the added spots around the edge of the background card look great too Sally, then the sweet little lady in shades of red and pink make her stand out beautifully, and then the white snowflakes and the white on black sentiment strip to finish. A fabulous card and thank you for the super step by step. x