Saturday 5 November 2022

A quick and simple Christmas card

 

Hi There! Are you beginning to panic a bit about Christmas yet? I have made very few cards so far this year and need to get a move on! Here is a very simple one to get me started. 

I began by placing the circle from the 4" easy frame in the centre of a 13cm square card, Then placing the snowflakes multi inkable over the top, taping them down at the corners. 
I used salvaged patina distress ink to blend through the stencil taking care to keep the circle central
I removed the snowflakes inkable and added more ink around the edge of the card and the edge of the circle.
I stamped the sentiment in the centre of the circle with versamark ink and heat embossed it with gold powder.
I stamped the poinsettia in black ink onto a scrap of card and coloured it using ecoline pens
I attached it to the card with ultra thick gel medium. 
Finally I added the liquid pearls around the circle 
Here is the finished card again.
I used 
13cm square white card
Poinsettia Regular stamp set (discontinued but the XL one is here)
Versamark ink
On Wednesday I did a facebook live and created these cards. 

You can find the live here if you haven't seen it yet.

Thanks for looking! 

1 comment:

Pat said...

The snowflake card is very pretty using the Salvaged Patina for the snowflakes and then the delightful gold embossed circular sentiment and gold liquid pearls around the edge which finish the card perfectly Sally. I also love your two bright and beautiful cards made during the 'live' and the two sweet little ladies added on the two brilliantly made backgrounds..gorgeous! x