Saturday 8 April 2023

A simple ladybird card

 

Hi There! Thought I would show you how I made this card today. 

I began by smooshing memento ink (anything water based can be smooshed) onto a piece of mixed media card. 
I used the same ink to stamp the background using Journaling essentials 1. 
I stamped some of the freehand borders 1 around the edge and across parts of the background. I also sponged some of the ink around the edges of the card
Next I stamped the Doodle Art Ladybird in black ink in the centre of the card and onto a scrap of white card. I coloured the wings of the ladybird using ecoline pens and attached to the one on the card using 3d glue. 
Finally I added a wordy sticker sentiment along with some gelly roll moonlight neon pink highlights.  
Here's the finished card. 
I used:
Blank white 15x15cm card
Memento ink in Bahama Blue and Lilac Posies  (Distress ink or Distress oxides would also work)

Last Sunday I took part in a Northern Zone Karate tournament. I was an official for some events, judging kata and kumite and also helped to keep the paperwork in order on one of the rings. I entered Team Kata, individual kata and individual kumite (The latter two for over 50s) I was delighted to come away with 3 silver medals and our Nottingham team achieved amazing results! Here are a few photos from the day.
 Thanks for looking! 

1 comment:

Pat said...

Sorry, I have been slow to comment on this absolutely beautiful card Sally, and the pink and blue are so bright and pretty, and such an adorable ladybird as the central image, and how great to see these photos of your karate tournament, and congratulations on getting three silver medals...fantastic! x