Saturday 29 April 2023

April DT Samples for Bee Crafty

 Hi There! On Monday Bev and Sam took some gorgeous new stamps to Hobby Maker. Before I show you the samples I made with them, here are links to the new stamps and the d'inkables we used. 

Mixed Messages #2

Mixed Messages #3

A Stitch in Time

Butterfly Stitch 

Bundle Offer

D’Inkables 

My first sample was a little book made with a single sheet of A3 black card. I painted panels using dylusions shimmer paints and added some gesso and stamping 




The mixed messages stamp sets are great for creating backgrounds as well as sentiments.

My next card was made using a heart D'inkable, pressed onto Distress Oxide ink pad, then spritzed and laid onto the card. The 'Love' sentiment was also stamped in distress oxide inks
For the next card I used chalk effect paint to create a background. Once this was dry I stamped the Butterfly stitch stamp and embossed with copper embossing powder, then stamped the word hope with Versamark ink and embossed using Distress Embossing Glaze in Salvaged Patina.  
For this easel card I stamped Stitch in Time onto a piece of card that had been used to mop up some ink left on the circles dinkable. It was embossed in Villainous potion embossing glaze. 
This card was a simple water colour of the Stitched butterfly stamp. The base card was stamped around the edges using the top corner of a Stitch in time.
Using coated cardstock for this sample I blended a background of distress ink in wild honey, crackling campfire and uncharted Mariner. I lifted ink from the clock face and using D'inkables sprayed with water
This sample was coloured using blending brushes and distress ink, then coloured pencils on parts of the image. 
Finally I used D'inkables to create a background using vintag photo and aged mahogany distress oxides. I stamped the Stitch in time then went over the clock with an embossing dauber and triple embossed it.

Thanks for looking! 

4 comments:

Pat said...

Some wonderful new stamps from Bee Crafty and love your bright and beautiful designs using them Sally. The clockface and cogs would be great for masculine cards and then with that gorgeous butterfly, more feminine, so the best of both worlds, and some great sentiment stamps too. Thank you for your inspiring makes! x

cuilliesocks said...

What wonderful cards and such a lovely little book. Your designs and colours are fabulous. I love the clock stamps, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Always stunning work Sally and these projects are also amazing designs and beautiful colour mixes.
Faith x

Joan said...

A fabulous set of samples Sally, some lovely new stamps there and you have made great use of them, love how colourful they all are. A couple of the stamps are now on my wish list !


Joan x