Saturday 15 April 2023

Inspired by Bev

Hi There! I couldn't wait to play with the latest journaling essentials stamps, so I used them on this card for my daughter's birthday. I also wanted to create a card a bit like the ones that Bev did in this live


I began by smooshing Peacock Feathers and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide onto a 14cm square of mixed media card. 

Next I used the Andalucian Big One inkable to blend some more ink on to the background.
I used the same inks, plus some black Versafine Clair to add stamping to the background. 

Next I stamped a sketchy bird and some sketchy flowers onto a scrap of white card and cut them out.
I coloured the blue tit with coloured pencils but left the flowers white.
I used a black sharpie to add a border to the panel then stuck it to a 15cm square card blank. I added the flowers and bird to the corner of the card using foam pads, and added a few drops of platinum liquid pearls. I also added some glossy accents to the eye and the beak.
Here is the finished card again.
I used:
Distress oxide inks in Peacock Feathers and Wilted violet
Coloured pencils
Platinum Liquid Pearls
Foam pads

Thanks for looking! 

3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Sally, lovely stencilled background and I love the little bird, fabulous details and colours, Kate x

Pat said...

The peacock feathers and wilted violet inks really work beautifully together and love the added sweet and prettily coloured little blue tit on the mainly white flowers which makes them stand out so well, and the background stencilling and stamped leaves look gorgeous. A really striking card for your daughter Megan. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card Sally, love the colour mix. The blue tit is just perfect in the corner.
Faith x