Saturday 22 April 2023

Butterflies galore!

 

Hi There! Thought I would do a journal spread in my black journal for a change, especially with a few new things to play with. Here is how I did it.

I began by drawing around the 6" and 4" butterfly inkable easy frames on the black journal page in white gelly roll pen and on the catalyst paper in black. I cut out the butterfly shapes from the catalyst paper and tore a piece to add to the left hand page.  
I stuck these to the page using matte medium. 
I added a few spots of coordinating shimmer paint with my finger. 
Once this was dry, I used white ink to stamp some of the Journaling Essentials sets 2 and 3 around the page.
I then added a few spots of London Blue shimmer paint in the spaces and set the page aside to dry.
On a scrap of card, I used the shimmer paints to add some colour. I let this dry then heat embossed the Doodle Art butterfly in black.

I cut this out then added it to the page using Distress Collage medium.
Finally I added some faux stitching and accents with Gelly Roll moonlight pens.
Here is the page again. I still can't decide whether to put a sentiment on it, lol. Might add one of the new ones that are out on Monday.
I used:

On Monday at 4pm Bev and Sam are on Hobby Maker with 4 sets of gorgeous new stamps! Hope you can tune in... Here is a sneaky peek! 
They really are stunners! 
Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Pat said...

This is a terrific journal paper with all the beautiful butterflies and foliage and I love the tones of blue, yellow and white which look very striking against the black background of the journal Sally. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! WOW! and more Wow’s a fabulous page Sally. Love the clock card too.
Faith x