Tuesday 15 August 2023

Bird Artist Trading Cards

Hi there! Thought I would show you how I made this trio of ATCs for my blog post this week. 
 
I began by smooshing some distress inks onto 3 ATC blanks. 

Once these were dry, I used the same inks to add some more ink through the tag inkables
Next I added some stamping to the backgrounds using Journaling essentials 2 and the same shades of distress ink
Setting the backgtrounds to one side I stamped the Birds onto some book paper using brown versafine clair ink.
I added a little shading using a brown colouring pencil
I stuck these birds to the backgrounds using Matte Medium. As the Kingfisher was too large to fit I cut off the tail 
Once dry, I added sentiments from the same stamp sets
Finally I added a splatter or two of Tarnished Brass Distress stain. 
Here are the finished ATCs again.
I used:
ATC blanks (Cards measuring 2.5x3.5 inches)
Distress inks in Mermaid Lagoon, Wild Honey and Gathered Twigs
Book paper
Brown colouring pencil

I will leave you with a photo of the Journal page I created during my live last Wednesday, also using the Rainbow Birds stamp set along with Mixed messages 4 and Journaling essentials 1
You can find the live here
Thanks for looking! 

3 comments:

Pat said...

Three fabulous ATC's Sally using these beautiful birds and the different backgrounds look great, and a great combination of blue and yellow. The journal page is fantastic too with such bright and pretty colours for the birds which makes them stand out brilliantly against the green and yellow. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

ALL, as always colourful and beautiful Sally, I love each piece.
Faith x

Anke said...

WOW Sally I love your bird ATCs ...

Hugs
Anke