Thursday 18 February 2016

February Mid month inspiration

In our mid month posts at Stamping Sensations, we are going to showcase for you a technique that we have tried out. I saw some wonderful samples from Visible Image, our sponsors this month, using shaving foam marbling technique and I knew I had to have a go. I have marbled with shaving foam before using a variety of inks and dyes, including re-inkers and food colouring, but not half as effectively as the samples I saw. They had used Dylusions sprayed onto the foam. The colours were amazing!

So, if you want to have a go yourself, you need shaving foam, a tray, a ruler and some inks, sprays or dies.

  • First spray the foam into a tray and smooth over the surface so it is larger than your paper.
  • Next spray the foam with your inks. Use a cocktail stick or paintbrush handle to mix up the colours a bit. 
  • After that, lay your paper or card onto the shaving foam, pressing down so colour touches all of the paper surface
  • Lift the paper off and use the ruler to scrape off the shaving foam
  • Leave to dry
Here are a few samples using a mixture of Visible Image and Inkylicious stamps


I hope that has inspired you to have a go yourself! Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

craftimamma said...

Gorgeous samples Sally! I haven't done this for ages and not with sprays. I have some of the original Dyan sprays languishing in a drawer that I ought to try. Thanks for the details.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

brenda said...

Thanks for sharing your inky indulgences with us Sally, I shall blame you if there is a National shortage of shaving foam !

B x

Jean said...

Fabulous backgrounds and lovely stamps. I love your shaving foam effects.
A beautiful set of cards.
Jean x

Canonbury creations said...

Stunning Sally not tried that technique for years!
Val x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sally,
what brilliant backgrounds, and fab cards made with this wonderful method.
Not tried it my self, but I must give it a go after seeing your fab results.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fantastic card made with the shaving foam technique Sally I love them all.

Sue xx

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous work Sally! I don't have the Dylusions products but I do have my AquaTints and you've got me wondering now if I could use them instead, lol, but I need to get my DT work done first, hopefully will remember after Karen xx

Cathy said...

Wow! Love the look of this marbled background. I'll have to get myself some shaving foam and have a play! Cathy x

Helen said...

I've never had much luck with this, but your results are gorgeous, and I love the sax player!

Helen J said...

Like the other Helen, I've never had much look with this technique either! Time to have another go, inspired by your gorgeous makes.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS and vibrant backgrounds, beautiful work.