Saturday 13 February 2016

Masculine cards

There have been several male birthdays in our family and friends recently. First up was Steve's birthday...
As a duck fan, this stamp from Crafty Individuals was perfect and I stamped it on silk art card and coloured with distress markers. The base paper was one that was a very pale gelli plate print, so I washed over it with distress stain to make it fit the colour scheme. The snippet of paper under the stamped image has to be at least 15 years old and I am not sure where it came from!
Next was my Dad's birthday, so a little scene was called for. All stamps are from Inkylicious, except the stag (stampscapes) and the scene was created with inkylicious stencils and ink dusters. 

Finally it was Meg's boyfriend's birthday. He is a 2nd Dan Black Belt and Sensei, so when I saw this Kenny K digi it was perfect! I coloured it with be Creative Alcohol Markers. the Paper is from Canon Creative Park and the sentiment is a very old one from Stamporium.

8 comments:

brenda said...

Three gr eat masculine cards Sally, me thinks that duck image is well overdue for an inking at this end.

B x

Dora said...

Beautiful cards, Sally.

Sarn said...

Hi Sally . . . three brilliant masculine cards here. Glad I popped over.

Happy Sunday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Helen J said...

Superb masculine cards, they make me want to dig out my gelli plate & ink dusters!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Lovely masculine cards Sally. The ducks are fabulous but the second one is definitely my favourite as I love the scene that you've created and the colours that you've used. Such a peaceful image and great stamping. x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful collection of male cards, Sal, I love the one with the Crafty Individual duck stamp, have that must get it out again, it's great stamped on acetate in black and coloured from the back.
Shaz in Oz.xx

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous array of male cards Sally, love the ducks and that gorgeous scene on the 2nd card!
Val x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW WOW and WOW, love the gelli plate colours and no one can do scenery like you :) Love the Karati card, perfect for a Black belt,Sensei