Sunday 28 February 2016

Rudolf day for February

Hi there! Firstly can I say how sorry I am that I haven't made it in to blog land half as much as I would've liked recently. Thanks for all your lovely comments. I am hoping I will get round to leaving a few more comments soon, as soon as I finish the commission I am working on.
February has sped by and Rudolf day has taken me completely by surpirse! I did manage to knock up two cards, but one of them was a complete disaster when I put my reading (crafting) glasses on, lol, so it got confined to the bin!
Here is my sole offering this month then
I spotted the idea on Pinterest of using a piece of Vellum as an overlay and making a scene underneath and having a tree on top. It really does look like mist. All stamps are from inkylicious and the scene underneath was done with my ink dusters and memento inks.
Do pop over to Scrappy Mo's and take a look at the DT's gorgeous cards!
Thanks for looking! 

17 comments:

Jean said...

Fabulous card Sally, I love the misty effect and the pretty tree.
Jean x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card,I love how you've created the mist with the vellum. A clever idea and so effective.

Thank you for entering the Rudolph Days Challenge this month. Good Luck!
Liz - DT member

Elizabeth said...

Lovely Rudolph Day card. I like the feeling of mist you've obtained by using vellum. Elizabeth xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just doing my post too Sal as it crept up on me as well, just as well it is leap year as would've been too late otherwise!
... where does time go??.. love the vellum idea, too, and the glimmery lights this is really lovely card!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Lovely card Sally and so delicate X

scrappymo! said...

This is so lovely! I like the look the vellum gives...like a misty scene unfurling before us.

Thanks for taking part in the February Rudolph Days Challenge. Good luck in the prize draw.

Valerija said...

Beautiful winter scene card, I like mist look.
Thank you for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challnege. Good Luck.
Hugs,
Valerija - DT member.

craftimamma said...

It's gorgeous Sally! I've seen this idea on Pinterest too and you've pulled it off perfectly! Can I ask how you attached the vellum overlay without it showing? Clever girl!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Eemeli said...

Wonderful! Or should I say absolutely stunning! I love everything on your creation! So happy you joined our Rudolph Day challenge. Good luck in the prize draw.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Sally H said...

I attached it with narrow double sided tape in the back of the card, Lesley

Canonbury creations said...

Wonderful effect with the vellum Sally and the tree is so pretty.
Val x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This card has got the wow factor Sally, it's gorgeous. Such a lovely effect with the scene being under the vellum.

Sue xx

Mrs A. said...

Might only be one card but it is magificant. I do love that hazy vellum look.
hugs Mrs A.

Megan J said...

Hi Sally. a gorgeous card love the overlay, really looks like an early morning mist, I love misty days, have a wonderful week... Megan

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card and beautiful result of the vellum over the scene. Love the "decorated" front tree too.

Helen J said...

Simply stunning!

Di said...

Squeal!! Sally, this is just FABULOUS!! Great idea and beautifully made.

Hugs

Di xx