Monday 9 August 2021

Being Happy Butterfly Art journal spread

Hi There! I had lots of inky painty fun with this journal spread in my Dylusions mini journal over the weekend. Here is a step by step to show what I did. 
 
I had some spray left in a couple of my mini misters that I wanted to use for something else, so I sprayed them onto a page in my journal and let them run across the pages. 

I wanted to cover up the ink from other pages that had seeped in at the page crease, so I painted lots of stripes with a fine paint brush and Dina Wakely acrylic paints in ocean, turquoise and lime. 
Next I used the dotty border stamp with versafine clair ink in warm breeze around the edges. 
I used distress oxide inks in salvaged patina, salty ocean and peacock feathers to stamp the coffee stains randomly across the pages
I also added a few bits of the ledger stamp randomly around the page without an acrylic block
Next I took the small butterfly inkable and brushed distress oxide ink in blueprint sketch around the edges, then set it aside.
I stamped three butterflies and a sentiment in Versafine Clair twilight ink onto Dina Wakely Collage paper,
then stuck them to the page using matte medium
I also added some white and sparkly highlights with a gelly roll clear stardust pen and a posca pen. A few gold sequins finished it off.
Close up of each page....


Here are links to the products I used:
Dina Wakely heavy body acrylic paint in Lime, Ocean and Turquoise
Distress oxide inks in Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Salvaged Patina and Blueprint Sketch
Butterfly stamps - a bargain in the end of line section
Sequins
The Butterfly inkable is available as part of a set on the Craft Store website (Shop by Brand and look for Bee Crafty)

I really enjoyed creating this in all my favourite colours!  The Bee Crafty Stamps facebook group has a challenge for August of  'Show us your stamping and use Inkables' if you fancy having a go. 
Thanks for looking! 

6 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful spread Sally. Thanks for sharing how you made it x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Stunning Sally, I love it .

Sue xx

meg said...

Absolutely stunning love your choice of colours

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous pages Sally, lovely the images and colours, Kate x

Sarn said...

Fabulous layout and great colours. Lots of work, but lots of FUN! Great sentiment too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

A beautiful combination of stamping and stencilling in such lovely colours Sally, and the inking round the butterfly stencil randomly over the page looks great, and finished with three fabulous added stamped butterflies and the perfect sentiment. x