Wednesday 3 January 2024

Do What You Love Challenge Inspiration

 

Hi there! Here is a card I made recently using the Doodle art Rainbow Birds, following the theme of our monthly challenge (to use things beginning with B). Here is how I made it.

I began by masking the edges of a piece of mixed media card using washi tape. 
I used three colours of Versafine Clair to stamp three of the border stamps from freehand borders #2
Once this ink was dry, I lightly blended distress oxide across the panel, before splattering with a little water. 
I cut a 6cm square of black card and added a border of faux stitching using a gelly Roll white pen.
Next I stamped the smaller bird onto mixed media card using versafine clair black ink and coloured it with ecoline markers. Once dry I cut it out. 

on another scrap of black card I stamped and embossed a sentiment from small words. 
Finally I added the background panel to an A6 card, layering the elements onto the background using foam pads. 
I used:
Versafine Clair Inks in Blue Belle, Glamorous, Monarch and Nocturne
Distress Oxide inks in Picked Raspberry, Prize ribbon and Wilted Violet
White gelly roll pen
Ecoline pens
Sticky pads
Black card 
Versamark ink 

I used a Bird, black card, Blue ink and border stamps. I hope you can come over to the facebook group and join in the challenge. There is also a challenge running for altered playing cards too. 
Whilst I am here I want to wish you all a very happy and healthy 2024. The end of 2023 was rather sad for us with the passing of Steve's dad (he didn't quite make his 103rd birthday) and also our dear friend Mark, who was our best man in 1989, Godfather to Megan and Steve's best friend from school days. Our Christmas was very quiet as a result. Having said that there were also many wonderful things that happened in 2023 too. I ought to try and share a few more bits of news soon. Thank goodness for good friends and happy memories - it all helps to get us through the difficult times. Thanks for looking! 

1 comment:

Pat said...

I love the combination of border stamps vertically on the background Sally and such pretty colours too, and the bright and beautiful bird really stands out against the black card, and a lovely sentiment banner in black too, and the coordinated white stitching on the mat and the white embossed sentiment are great finishing touches. x