Wednesday 17 January 2024

Let Them Stare Journal Page

Hi There! I am sharing with you how I made this journal spread today, but it is a long one so grab yourself a cuppa and take a look! 
 
I began by stamping just the face and neck of Dream onto stamping tissue using Versafine Clair ink.

I used a wet paint brush to remove the excess tissue and create a feathered edge to the image.
Using drops of dylusions paint in peony blush and desert sand, I mixed a skin tone shade and painted it over the bottom right corner of the page in my dylusions mini journal. 
I used blue lagoon, periwinkle and laidback lilac to add colour to the rest of the page in vertical and horizontal blocks. 
Once this was dry, I dry brushed over most of the page using white gesso, with some heavier and lighter patches.  
I used matte medium to add the stamped face to the skin tone area and left to dry.
Next I used the paints, a white gel pen and a coloured pencil to add some more detail to the face.
I painted a scrap piece of card using all the paints except for Desert Sand and left it to dry. 
Back on the journal page I used the Squircles Grande Inkable to add some patches of Villainous potion Distress oxide. 
I used the same ink to add some stamping using Journal Art Elements #2.
Now the painted card was dry, I stamped 2 different sizes of flowers from the Dandedaisy set using black versafine clair ink and cut them out. 
I also stamped and cut out the sentiment from Mixed messages 4.
I added the sentiment and the flowers (for her hair) to the page using matte medium and added some white highlights with the gel pen. 
A final splatter of white ink and it was finished...
And here's a close up. 
I used:
Dylusions mini journal
Dream Bundle (today's January Saver featuring Dream, Journal Art Elements #2 and handwritten words)
Versafine Clair Nocturne and Twilight
Dylusions paints in Peony Blush, Desert Sand, Blue Lagoon, Laidback Lilac and Periwinkle
White Gesso
White gel pen
Pencil crayons
Inkable Grande - Squircles
Distress oxide inks in Villainous potion, Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed seeing how I did it. 
Don't forget that we have the 3bs challenge and the alter a playing card challenge over in the Bee Crafty stamps Facebook group. There are also January savers every day this month, to chase away the January blues!  

No comments: